Skip to main content

Alcoholic Mouth Wash

Well, it has been an eventful day! Being on house arrest, I try to get out as much as possible. This week I have a schedule full of doctor's appointments. Today I took a trip to one of my favorite doctors, the dentist! Everything went well, no cavities :) I did make a huge mistake... I rinsed with the mouth wash, which is a huge "NO NO!" for those of you wearing a SCRAM bracelet. Apparently the ankle monitoring bracelet can detect any trace of alcohol. I grabbed the mouth wash without even thinking. The second it hit my tongue I realized this could interfere with my readings. I got extremely nervous and instantaneously spit out the liquid. As soon as I left, I called my SCRAM guy (the one I report to) and explained to him what happened. He told me to calm down and that I shouldn't worry. Maybe something would come up, but he highly doubts it. I would have had to of chugged a whole bottle of mouth wash! YUCK! So we're not supposed to use the stuff, but we can get away with a little mouth wash. I stopped by a bakery next door to the dentist and ordered a pastry and an empanada. Those empanadas always look/smell better than they end up being. Never worth the calories! I went to an AA meeting this morning. I slept in and missed half of the meeting, I must say through all of this, I am so grateful for the program. Each and everyday I am able to learn something new. I wanted to "be of service" today and I was lucky enough to do so. A tourist had some questions about where to find the good shops and I guided her to the right places. They say the people in Miami are rude, but I'd like to think I'm a pretty nice girl. Sorry for jumping around so much today, still getting used to this thing and recording my thoughts. Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Sincerely,

Allison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The alcohol monitoring device AKA SCRAM

                 I have been court mandated to wear a SCRAM bracelet. A SCRAM bracelet is an alcohol monitoring device that is strapped around your ankle and records your consumption. Before my "incident" I had never heard of something like that, sounded a little hi-tech to me. It's an interesting device if you think about it, unless you're the one wearing it. The monitor takes its readings from your sweat. No, I am not sweating like a pig, but the anklet is pressed up against your skin at all times, and that allows the monitor to take an effective reading. Here is the best part of the whole gig, it vibrates. The vibration occurs every thirty minutes, you can feel it, and other people can hear it, quite embarrassing. If I'm in a quiet room, like class or AA meetings, I'll grab my phone as if that's where the noise is coming from.                    Don't worry, it gets worse! If having this gigantic, sweaty, vibrating device on your ankle isn't ir

How I hide my "accessories" in public

      Having not one, but two ankle bracelets is a little much. I have one on each leg, I guess if they wanted to be real jerks they could have stuck two on one leg. Thank the lord all of my officers like me and are extremely pleasant! They've realized I'm not their average "criminal". During all of this, everyone has been really friendly. When I go to the House Arrest office all the officers socialize and make little jokes with me. Then another person walks in and their whole demeanor changes. Kind of funny. Hint Hint: Be as nice as you can to these people. It is truly amazing how nice they can be in return. These are the people that report to your judge too. So, it's in your best interest to be kind to them. Anyways, back to the ankle accessories. I'd much rather call them "accessories". I thought those were just used in movies, I did not think people really have monitoring devices strapped to their ankles like a science experiment. That just go

The Joy of "Plugging In"

      I've been in hiding lately, but not to worry I'm still here. My family has come to spend some of their summer vacation with me. They've taken up a majority of my time, but I'm not complaining. Some company is nice for a change. It makes house arrest a lot more interesting with a little bit of company. I need to write more frequently, daily is too much, but I think weekly is too little. What do you guys think?      Anyways, I have yet to inform you the most exciting part of house arrest. I like to call it "plugging in". For two hours everyday you must plug your ankle monitor into the wall to charge. A long cord is hooked to my ankle, and it makes me feel like I'm some kind of robot. It is very important to keep a full battery at all times, they ask you to charge every day, at the same time. If your battery dies, they cannot find you, and you're in trouble. By they, I mean the house arrest people. They do not like to call you and you do not lik