Skip to main content

How I hide my "accessories" in public


      Having not one, but two ankle bracelets is a little much. I have one on each leg, I guess if they wanted to be real jerks they could have stuck two on one leg. Thank the lord all of my officers like me and are extremely pleasant! They've realized I'm not their average "criminal". During all of this, everyone has been really friendly. When I go to the House Arrest office all the officers socialize and make little jokes with me. Then another person walks in and their whole demeanor changes. Kind of funny. Hint Hint: Be as nice as you can to these people. It is truly amazing how nice they can be in return. These are the people that report to your judge too. So, it's in your best interest to be kind to them. Anyways, back to the ankle accessories. I'd much rather call them "accessories". I thought those were just used in movies, I did not think people really have monitoring devices strapped to their ankles like a science experiment. That just goes to show you how sheltered I was. Some days I literally feel like a dolphin they found in the ocean, they surgically placed a GPS monitor in me, and for the next 5 years they are going to study my habits. I am NOT proud of having to wear these things and would appreciate if no one knew. Reason being, once someone knows something, they cannot un-know it. As humans we judge one another, even me. I've been trying my best not to prejudge people, but it happens. I cover those babies up wherever I go. I live in the Sunshine State so our fashion is kind of all over the place. That allows me to get away with wearing boots ALL the time. In the beginning, I thought I was going to be stuck wearing jeans all summer and maxi dresses. I HATE jeans. I'm a girly girl and jeans are too plain and boring. And then I discovered my boots! I've had them for quite sometime and they were big enough to go over my ankle monitors! Finding boots that go over the bracelets can be hard, so I look for slouchy boots or chunky ones. It can be a mission to squeeze into a pair, but its always worth it! Combat boots are real popular right now too (thank god). Now, I can wear shorts, skirts, and dresses. I love clothing and I was not going to let a little ankle monitor interfere between me and my best outfits. Not everything looks good with boots, but you can find a lot. You would be surprised. I wear socks with all my boots and that helps the boot glide over the ankle bracelets a lot better. Maybe one day I won't care if people see my monitoring devices. But, as of now I do. I've met a lot of people through out AA and some other places and I want to be judged for who I am, not what I've done.
 
Sincerely,
 
Allison

Comments

  1. Take pics of your cute summer boot outfits

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were not allowed to wear socks over the monitors. Is that not correct? That's what I was told and it has been a pain in the butt thus far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can...just no socks UNDER the alcohol one because it has to be touching your skin at all times.

      Delete
    2. You can...just no socks UNDER the alcohol one because it has to be touching your skin at all times.

      Delete
  3. There are neoprene guards for them. Check out www.anklemonitorguard.com. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do you have 2 of them? I caught a charge while on probation and they are making me wear one. It's fucking huge! I put socks under and wrap the monitor itself up. It's not an alcohol monitor. I previously wore one for about three years that was about a 3rd of the size of this one. First time I saw it I thought it was a joke. Well, the jokes on me. Any other advice anyone has about comfort? I am a guy and can't get away with the boots and shorts look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hit my ankle monitor by getting a medical fracture boot. I was on house arrest for 1 month, so about the same time you would wear a fracture boot. Nobody suspected a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My house arrest bracelet always tuches my skin and generate information from the sweat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The alcohol monitoring device AKA SCRAM

                 I have been court mandated to wear a SCRAM bracelet. A SCRAM bracelet is an alcohol monitoring device that is strapped around your ankle and records your consumption. Before my "incident" I had never heard of something like that, sounded a little hi-tech to me. It's an interesting device if you think about it, unless you're the one wearing it. The monitor takes its readings from your sweat. No, I am not sweating like a pig, but the anklet is pressed up against your skin at all times, and that allows the monitor to take an effective reading. Here is the best part of the whole gig, it vibrates. The vibration occurs every thirty minutes, you can feel it, and other people can hear it, quite embarrassing. If I'm in a quiet room, like class or AA meetings, I'll grab my phone as if that's where the noise is coming from.                    Don't worry, it gets worse! If having this gigantic, sweaty, vibrating device on your ankle isn't ir

The Joy of "Plugging In"

      I've been in hiding lately, but not to worry I'm still here. My family has come to spend some of their summer vacation with me. They've taken up a majority of my time, but I'm not complaining. Some company is nice for a change. It makes house arrest a lot more interesting with a little bit of company. I need to write more frequently, daily is too much, but I think weekly is too little. What do you guys think?      Anyways, I have yet to inform you the most exciting part of house arrest. I like to call it "plugging in". For two hours everyday you must plug your ankle monitor into the wall to charge. A long cord is hooked to my ankle, and it makes me feel like I'm some kind of robot. It is very important to keep a full battery at all times, they ask you to charge every day, at the same time. If your battery dies, they cannot find you, and you're in trouble. By they, I mean the house arrest people. They do not like to call you and you do not lik